Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 2, Part 1: Wolf Creek

Wolf Creek......spectacular, stunning, jaw dropping and many other adjectives were used by myself and the two fine gentleman that I was paired with to describe this amazing golf course as we were playing it.  This picture was my first look at the course:


After seeing it in person Wolf Creek is tied at the top in my personal list of most scenic courses played.  The other course is The Challenge At Manele on the island of Lanai in Hawaii. Wolf Creek is featured in the last few versions of EA Sports Tiger Woods video game and that is were I first got my taste of it.  The video game is so stunning that if you've played you might even ask if its a real course or one just made up for the game.  The real thing was even more amazing. It is a very tough course and a bit on the steep side to play.  I'm here in the off season and it was $125.  The course is ranked in Golf Magazine's Top 100 You Can Play list.  I played from the "Masters" tees which are rated 68.2/134 and are the recommended tees for 9-19 hdcp indexes.  I shot an 86 (45,41).  Every single hole could be a "signature" hole on any other course.  Here are a few more pics:













If you ever find yourself in Vegas it is worth while to drive the 1 hour and 15 minute trip up to Mesquite to take in Wolf Creek.  The only negative thing I have to say about the course is that their driving range is very short and is irons only.  You'll quickly forget that though when you step on the first tee and see how beautiful this property is.  I played with two older guys who were also in town for the Mesquite Amateur.  Alan (69) and Norm (85) were a pleasure to play with and they enjoyed the course as much as I did. We sat down in the club house after the round for lunch and talked about our fabulous time at Wolf Creek.

1 comment:

  1. Man what a course, looks like the fairways were in perfect condition.

    ReplyDelete