Saturday, October 20, 2012

We-ko-pa: Cholla course

The last day of our Scottsdale, AZ trip had my son and I heading back to We-ko-pa to play the Cholla course.  My daughter and wife hung out at the pool so I don't have as many pictures.  Cholla plays very different than Saguaro but is just as enjoyable.  A LOT of dirt was moved to make the Cholla course - Scott Miller was the architect here, so it looks very different than the Coore-Creenshaw designed Saguaro.

The first par 3 on the Cholla course.


My son's favorite hole on the course. Dog leg, risk reward par 4.

A gorgeous par 4 at Cholla

And a lovely par 3

The 18th

Again the 18th, which was my favorite hole on the course.  A long par 4 

View of the green from the 18th fairway.  

So that's it from Saguaro.  If you are ever out in Scottsdale the two We-Ko-Pa courses should not be missed.  We were able to get good rates by doing their "36 hole package".  It enables you to play the courses on separate days with a discount on the green fees for buying two rounds.  I hope you enjoyed the pics!





No comments:

Post a Comment