Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 6: Coyote Springs Golf Course

I checked out of the Casablanca Hotel and headed to Coyote Springs Golf Course for a round.  This was a course I was really looking forward to playing.  It's a Jack Nicklaus design that was not on my course rotation for the Mesquite Am but is likely to be on the Men's rotation for next year.  What a fantastic course!  I received a very nice Mesquite Am attendee rate of $65. I decided to give myself a break after playing at distances averaging over 6,800 for the tourney and moved down to a more fun 6,215 yards.

Here are pics of the Par 5 Second.



The number one handicap hole is the Par 4 Fourth.  From the white tees it played a very manageable 359 yards.  I hit a very good drive and had 114 yards left to the pin.  One of the guys in my threesome knocked his approach to 5 feet, and I was just trying for the center of the green.  My approach was dead on line landed about 4 feet short, took one hop and jarred the hole for an Eagle two.  Here is a pic of the green.  Sorry you can't see my ball, but it's in the hole!


This was my fourth all time eagle, all of them coming on par 4's from the fairway.

I really enjoyed my round at Coyote Springs.  Here are a few more pics of this wonderful course:






From the friendly short yardage I shot a very nice 81 to end my trip.  6 courses in 6 days.  What a fun trip!  I'd rate the courses I played in this order:

1.  Wolf Creek
2.  Coyote Springs
3.  Conestoga
4.  Paiute Snow Mountain
5. Casablanca
6. Palms

If I come out next year I doubt I'll even overnight in Vegas and just head straight to Mesquite.  The courses are cheap.  Hope you've enjoyed reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment